mTi Clan | Make the Impossible | CoD4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox module

3 posters

Go down

Chatbox module Empty Chatbox module

Post  Psymon Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey guys, I've activated a module for the forum. It's a chatbox, which is similar to a shoutbox.

Basically, any MEMBER (so a guest or someone who hasn't logged in can't see it) can chat to the other members that are online in real-time. We can use this to co-ordinate events and things and maybe have some conferences/discussion and whatnot.

To use the Chatbox, you must first be logged into the forum.
Then click the Log In button in the top right corner of the chatbox window.
The part where you type your message is on the bottom right, and the list of online users is the panel on the left of the module.

You can choose to automatically refresh the module (rather than clicking the Refresh button on the module - not your browser) by checking the box. Refreshing the page updates your screen of all the messages and chat that's happened.

Archives basically displays the history of previous chats.

There are also some commands available for members to use:
* /abs [reason] - this turns your status to Absent (same as AFK). eg "/abs toilet"
* /cls or /clear - this clears the chat screen.
* /me [message] - this is used for actions/emotions. For example, "/me is eating a pizza" would say to everyone "Psymon is eating a pizza".
* /exit [reason] - this disconnects you from the chatbox (same as clicking the Log Off button in the module). You can also include a reason for disconnecting that everyone connected to the chat can seem such as "/exit going to bed".

There are also some moderator/admin commands, but I'm not sharing those with everyone Razz

If y'all think this chatbox is a good/bad idea, post your views in this thread, as well as any questions you have about it!

Happy chatting!

--psy
Psymon
Psymon
Webmaster

http://worldinchaos.no-ip.org/

Back to top Go down

Chatbox module Empty Re: Chatbox module

Post  mTi | orbb09 Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I think this would be a great addition to the forums! Very Happy
P.S. i can only be on my computer on sundays for the next 2 or 3 weeks, i'm gonna be real busy doing stuff, hope you all understand!
mTi | orbb09
mTi | orbb09
mTi Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Psymon Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:11 am

Yeah, it's all good man.. you're not the only one with a life so we do understand what you're going through. Just make sure you keep popping in and out of the forums at least so that you can keep up to date on the stuff going on in the mTi clan, even if you're unable to contribute. No falling behind! Very Happy

--psy
Psymon
Psymon
Webmaster

http://worldinchaos.no-ip.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mTi | orbb09 Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm

don't worry, i'll still check up on the forums every chance i get Smile (remember i'll be on tomorrow, i'm free to kill then Smile )
mTi | orbb09
mTi | orbb09
mTi Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kaul.` Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:08 am

hmm, shoutbox will be better i think , but i doesnt really matter . What a Face

kaul.`

Back to top Go down

Post  mTi | orbb09 Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Everytime u log into the forums please also log into the chatbox. Cuz sometimes i'm browsing forums with like 3 other ppl and i think it would b nice to have a little chat with them Smile .
mTi | orbb09
mTi | orbb09
mTi Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum